Saturday, September 4, 2010

Internet in Vatia!

A quick update - I FINALLY have access to internet at work in Vatia. It has been behind a locked door for a month, unavailable to teachers at ALL times. This week, we finally had our voices heard (we NEED this resource for lesson planning, if it's actually available in the village - come on - behind a locked door?), and the communications folks came out to give us the wireless password. I will be posting more this weekend!

THANK YOU to everyone who's contacted me about sending supplies/books and for those of you who've just sent them. I've received a few packages of supplies and 2 boxes of books so far. I'm really looking forward to seeing what surprises you have in store for these kids. They've been really grateful and showing great appreciation for what's already arrived.

More later! Enjoy the holiday weekend!

2 comments:

  1. Yaaaaaaay!!! More contact! WOOHOOO!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey Jen...we have more stuff coming....aunt Helen and Jackie and Cindy and myself...so hang on...

    ReplyDelete

Any thoughts?